remote desktop fullscreen too large after updates RRS feed

• Question

• on 14th fed 2013 my server 2008 x32 got 27 updates. Since then i've had an annoying problem with rdc.

its too big!

i have remote connection set to full screen, which it obeys, but the remote screen is bigger than the monitor. i can *just* get to the start button, the left most icons are off screen, lickwise the right most icons, and the clock and a couple of icons in sys tray are not visible.
    No scrollbars.

What gives? how can i fix this.

i tried all sorts of different resolutions (on my win7x64 dual monitor system) and settings in rdc. but no luck.
    I dont want to use a small window as that means scrollbars.

Any ideas please.

If I am all here, does that mean I am not all there?

Monday, February 18, 2013 9:39 AM

Answers

• For those that want to know, and have already tried playing with the options/settings...

one background update i'd allowed was the display drivers on all machines. It was an Intel HD driver update.

I discovered that if i changed all the settings: resolution, refresh, bit depth, and applied. And did this a few times to various settings, eventually the original config (that i wanted) looked correct.

So it was the display driver update that messed it all up for a bit.

Thanks Jon for spending WAY TOO LONG to fix that one. Make sure you tell Intel their hard work is appreciated.

• Marked as answer by BigJonMX Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:55 PM
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:55 PM

All replies

• my second monitor is 1280x1024 (latest drivers)
    rdc set to full screen = bigger than monitor
    rdc set to 12080x1024 = small windows with scrollbars

Monday, February 18, 2013 9:47 AM
  • Hi,

You may refer to the reply by shgtss in here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproinstall/thread/04717e71-b365-4ffb-9155-ee2670831175

Hope it helps.

Tracy Cai
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:30 AM
  • For those that want to know, and have already tried playing with the options/settings...

one background update i'd allowed was the display drivers on all machines. It was an Intel HD driver update.

I discovered that if i changed all the settings: resolution, refresh, bit depth, and applied. And did this a few times to various settings, eventually the original config (that i wanted) looked correct.

So it was the display driver update that messed it all up for a bit.

Thanks Jon for spending WAY TOO LONG to fix that one. Make sure you tell Intel their hard work is appreciated.

• Marked as answer by BigJonMX Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:55 PM
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:55 PM