issues with keyboard windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, 

In first place I apologize if the topic has been repeated now. 

I have the following issue since yesterday: everything was working just fine when suddenly my keyboard started acting weird. When I type or play there comes a moment when I hear my PC alert of new device connected and everything A) is freezing, B) starts typing on it's own, then I hear again the alert once again and everything is fixed, working normally.

So basicly I tried another keyboard, gives the same issue (not that often but still it persists). Also tried both keyboards on another PC and seemed to be working just fine...both of them.

So does anyone have any idea what the reason might be?

I did install a game before the issue starts but also uninstalled it right after so I don't know if this might be the reason.

Also did quick reinstall of the windows (by quick I mean I literaly reinstalled the windows on C, without touching anything on D, and yet the problem persists.

Oh and one last thing, I did change the USB ports just in case but doesn't seem to be the reason for this either.

I'd be extremely thankful if someone can give me any clues what might be the reason for this.

Thank you in advance!

Monday, December 10, 2012 9:16 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I suggest you check the result in Safe Mode. If the issue disappeared, please refer to the following link to check whether the third party tools affect this:

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Thanks,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, December 24, 2012 8:28 AM
    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 8:03 AM