none
IE11 introduced delays on many pages with forms inputs RRS feed

• Question

• When I upgraded from IE 9 to 11, I noticed that many web sites with forms-inputs have become very slow or worse not-responsive . . For example, the Fitbit logging web set lets you create a lot of personal content. Many items added cause a screen refresh per group of objects added. With IE11 you cannot start entering data into a new forms field until the screen has fully refreshed.  The refresh time on this web site can take several seconds maybe because it is updating a database and the screen refresh includes the new data.

This lengthy delay did not occur with IE9 and does not occur with Chrome.

Other web sites also have very slow initial page loading with IE11 that were not slow before and are not slow with Chrome.

Other interactive web sites do not allow forms input on the initial load of the page, and required an F5 refresh to enable forms input.  All of these issues started with my IE11 upgrade, and do not occur in Chrome.

• Edited by swb_mct Thursday, November 13, 2014 5:01 PM correction
    Thursday, November 13, 2014 4:59 PM

Answers

• Assuming Win7 64-bit...

1. When (exact date) was Internet Explorer 11 installed according to Installed Updates?

2. Was IE11 offered & installed via Windows Update or did you install it manually?

3. Had IE10 ever been offered to the computer via Windows Update?

4. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE11 settings per the instructions on this page & reboot?

• For optimal results, check/enable the Delete personal settings option.

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows Client since 2002 Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft

Thursday, November 13, 2014 11:40 PM
  • Hi,

Have you installed latest cumulative security updates for IE? As I know, some updates can solve the some crash\unresponsive issues, so please make sure to keep your system up-to-date, then check if the issue persists.

Meanwhile, you can also launch IE in no add-ons mode

run iexplore.exe -extoff

if the issue disappears in this mode, then one add-on might be the culprit, click Tools\Manage add-ons to test the add-ons one-by-one to find the culprit.

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, November 14, 2014 5:40 AM

All replies

• Assuming Win7 64-bit...

1. When (exact date) was Internet Explorer 11 installed according to Installed Updates?

2. Was IE11 offered & installed via Windows Update or did you install it manually?

3. Had IE10 ever been offered to the computer via Windows Update?

4. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE11 settings per the instructions on this page & reboot?

• For optimal results, check/enable the Delete personal settings option.

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows Client since 2002 Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft

Thursday, November 13, 2014 11:40 PM
  • Hi,

Have you installed latest cumulative security updates for IE? As I know, some updates can solve the some crash\unresponsive issues, so please make sure to keep your system up-to-date, then check if the issue persists.

Meanwhile, you can also launch IE in no add-ons mode

run iexplore.exe -extoff

if the issue disappears in this mode, then one add-on might be the culprit, click Tools\Manage add-ons to test the add-ons one-by-one to find the culprit.

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, November 14, 2014 5:40 AM