Custom List Locked Field RRS feed

• Question

• I have a custom list using the "Preview Pane" view. I want to create a few different list views though, but it has a column locked as "linked to item with edit menu" as the preview menu. As part of the different views i want to amend this to show something different.

To explain it better i have one view which you select "Function" which is the fixed item. My second view i want to have the fixed item as "Job Name".

Is this possible?

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:32 AM

All replies

• Hello,

"linked to item with edit menu" is available only for the default 'Title' column (although you can rename the column later)

Ou-of-box its not possible to assign this to some other column or create any other custom column with this menu.

Hope that answers your concern.

Regards, Rohan --Please mark as "Answer" if the post resolve your issue--

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 2:35 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply. If i cannot amend that, is there a way to share a microsoft access database amongst multiple pages? I have created two seperate pages with the views i want and exported the data to access but it goes into seperate databases. If i could therefore create a single access database, can i import onto SharePoint and amend the views to the fields i want?

Thursday, April 26, 2012 7:42 AM
  • Hello,

the data and column type is same and we cannot change that. (At-least not for the ones which are default)

You can use multiple views to display the same data but ultimately the column type is same everywhere and cannot be changed.

Thanks!

Regards, Rohan --Please mark as "Answer" if the post resolve your issue--

Thursday, April 26, 2012 2:37 PM
  • I get that for that particular list it cannot be changed, but can i use that same database to create a new custom list page? The columns will stay the exact same just displayed differently
    Friday, April 27, 2012 7:46 AM