OK to delete the ACT logs from file share? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it safe to delete the log files on the log share while DCP is still reporting data back? I was thinking of deleting them every now and then to gain some space for future logs coming in to but wasn't sure if it is all already saved to the ACT DB?

Thanks,

------------------------ Regards, K.
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 3:16 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If the data already fully saved to the database, you may delete the log files. I think this will at the time when the collection task finished.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Kenzono Wednesday, March 2, 2011 11:39 PM
    Monday, February 28, 2011 8:58 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It is better not to delete the log so fast if you still have enough capacity.

Base on my understanding, the data have not fully saved to the ACT database.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, February 25, 2011 8:59 AM
  • So if it is at one point ok to delete the data, what would be the timeframe before I can do so? The space is being utilized very fast and because we will monitor for 30 days, I am afraid we may run out.

------------------------ Regards, K.
    Friday, February 25, 2011 5:15 PM
  • Hi,

If the data already fully saved to the database, you may delete the log files. I think this will at the time when the collection task finished.

• Marked as answer by Kenzono Wednesday, March 2, 2011 11:39 PM
    Monday, February 28, 2011 8:58 AM