PowerShell issue with App-V 5.0 cmdlet 'ConvertFrom-AppVLegacyPackage' RRS feed

• Question

• I am having trouble running the cmdlet ConvertFrom-AppVLegacyPackage from the powershell. It reports the following error:

'ConvertFrom-AppVLegacyPackage : You must run this cmdlet using a Windows PowerShell elevated command prompt . To run an elevated command prompt, right-click the Windows PowerShell or Command Prompt Start menu object that you are using to start your Windows PowerShell sessions, and then select Run as administrator. At line:1 char:1 + ConvertFrom-AppVLegacyPackage + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : SecurityError: (:) [], PSSecurityException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnauthorizedAccess'

PowerShell Execution Policy is set to Unrestricted, I 'am' running the powershell as administrator and even powershell scripts tell me that it is running as administrator.

It used to work before but has suddenly stopped working now, any help would be much appreciated.

Friday, May 17, 2013 10:55 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Right-click the shortcut to Powershell

Choose Run as Administrator

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Friday, May 17, 2013 11:45 AM
  • Do read the complete post before trying to answer!
    Saturday, May 18, 2013 9:16 AM
  • Hello,

Most likely you are not allowed to elevate the command-prompt then - perhaps you can request that someone will make you local administrator and give you permissions to allow you to elevate the command prompt within your environment?

Saturday, May 18, 2013 1:36 PM
  • I am the local administrator!!!

Monday, May 20, 2013 9:49 AM
  • Hello,

I would re-verify that;

1. Open a CMD-prompt and run GPRESULT /R. Is your user account part of the local administrator group?

2. Does the powershell-window says its running as administrator in the titlebar?

Monday, May 20, 2013 3:09 PM
  • Hello,

Has there been a solution to the Problem? I have been having the same issues as well.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 9:48 AM
  • Hello,

See above suggestions, and the questions I asked for anyone who experience the issue to verify.

You can always attempt to use this tool;

http://www.michelstevelmans.com/nomorefour-appv-50-converter-gui-application/

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 8:18 PM