none
Why isn't my MDX measure showing up in the PortfolioAnalyser cube? RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create an MDX measure/expression to calculate capacity, as here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa974469(v=office.12).aspx#2

However the issue is that if I add it to the Assignment Timephased cube I can see it there, but not in the PortfolioAnalyser cube.

I need to get Work and Baseline Work, so need the PortfolioAnalyser cube.

I thought that PortfolioAnalyser automatically merged the Resource Timephased and Assignment Timephased cubes, but obviously not.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Ryan

Thursday, June 14, 2012 6:22 AM

Answers

• Hi Ryan,

please add the MDX measure directly to the Portfolio Analyser cube. It is neither necessary nor useful to add it to the underlying Assingment/Resource Timephased cubes.

Personally, I exclusively use the Portfolio Analyser cube, and all the measures I create are added there.

Kind regards,
    Adrian

Saturday, June 16, 2012 8:43 PM

All replies

• Hi Ryan,

are you trying add this calculated measure to cube using BI development studio? or usign project server OLAP administration? and second question, we are talking about cubes generate by PS or have you your own cube?

Tomas

Thursday, June 14, 2012 6:56 AM
  • Hi Ryan,

please add the MDX measure directly to the Portfolio Analyser cube. It is neither necessary nor useful to add it to the underlying Assingment/Resource Timephased cubes.

Personally, I exclusively use the Portfolio Analyser cube, and all the measures I create are added there.

Kind regards,
    Adrian

Saturday, June 16, 2012 8:43 PM
  • I managed to get it to work.

I'm trying to add it using the OLAP Database Management in Server Settings, via PWA.

I am trying to add it to the existing cubes (such as PortfolioAnalyser). However I can't see any option for the PortfolioAnalyser cube itself.

But I did find Virtual Portfolio Analyser. I never even looked that far down list list but Adrian's reply made me look closer and I found it.

Thanks!

Monday, June 18, 2012 2:41 AM