Uploading a local file to OneDrive doesn't let me select the location RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've tried to upload a locally saved file to OneDrive using Outlook 2016 v1701 (Attach a file to an email in Outlook for Windows). However, Outlook doesn't let me choose where to put my files - it directly uploads it instead in the OneDrive root folder which is quite unfortunate.

I've tried it using both my private & work account, none of them seem to let me choose where I want to store my files.

Regards

Daniel

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Monday, March 6, 2017 7:53 PM

Answers

• Hi Daniel,

>> However, Outlook doesn't let me choose where to put my files - it directly uploads it instead in the OneDrive root folder which is quite unfortunate.

By this, do you mean you want to manually select a specific OneDrive folder location?

If this is your case, I am afraid this feature is not available currently. As is mentioned in the article you shared above, when we click upload to OneDrive, the available choices are "the OneDrive location for your work account, the OneDrive location for your personal account, and document libraries for various groups you belong to".

Regarding this query, I'd like to encourage you visit Outlook UserVoice forum and vote for a similar idea or post your owns. Microsoft always love reading customers' feedback and will appreciate your support on helping improve our product :)

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by RabanserD Tuesday, March 7, 2017 11:31 AM
    Tuesday, March 7, 2017 9:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Daniel,

>> However, Outlook doesn't let me choose where to put my files - it directly uploads it instead in the OneDrive root folder which is quite unfortunate.

By this, do you mean you want to manually select a specific OneDrive folder location?

If this is your case, I am afraid this feature is not available currently. As is mentioned in the article you shared above, when we click upload to OneDrive, the available choices are "the OneDrive location for your work account, the OneDrive location for your personal account, and document libraries for various groups you belong to".

Regarding this query, I'd like to encourage you visit Outlook UserVoice forum and vote for a similar idea or post your owns. Microsoft always love reading customers' feedback and will appreciate your support on helping improve our product :)

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by RabanserD Tuesday, March 7, 2017 11:31 AM
    Tuesday, March 7, 2017 9:24 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for clarifying, I misunderstood the "desired location".

Regards

Daniel

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 11:36 AM
  • Hi Daniel,

You're welcome :)

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 1:26 AM