XP style folders RRS feed

• Question

• I've been using Windows since version 3.1 and while I like most of what Windows 7 has to offer, I don't like the way icons are displayed in folders.  I have always organized my work into folders which keeps the Desktop clean.  For example, I use an Accounting package and some other software for my husband's work, everything to do with his work is in one folder (as shortcuts).  I also do some web design, so all my tools (shortcuts) for web design are in another folder.  These then display on the Desktop as Accounting and Web Design.  I hate seeing hundreds of icons on desktops.  The XP folders allowed you to use small icons with the text underneath.  Windows 7 doesn't put the text underneath until I move the slider close to medium icons and these look terrible, they are just too big, so I lose half the icons off the page.  I work better with the visual display of an icon than a small icon and text to the right.  I would like to see that option come back to Windows 7.  When you guys come up with these wonderful new things, can you think about the millions who liked the old way of viewing folders.

Cheers

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 5:27 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please understand that this is Windows Vista Forum. In order to get the answer effectively, it is recommended to post a new thread in Windows 7 Forum for discussion.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 8:02 AM