Install updates for app-v 4.6 sp2 package RRS feed

• Question

• I want to install some application specific updates which can be installed when this application is running - from within this application. We have a app-v 4.6  sp2 package. How to do it? I am using App-v 4.6.2.26020 sequencer

I tried to use Modify an Existing Virtual Application Package and then Update application in Existing Package

Then I selected my app-v package and I stacked 

How to run this application from app-v package? I need to have GUI of this application to be opened

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 12:25 PM

Answers

• In the second screenshot, just select the 'perform a custom installation' option, then hit next.

The sequencer will prepare a monitoring environment and wait for your next command (Checkbox 'I am finished..').

When the sequencer is ready with preparing itself (but before you click on 'I am finished...', the seqeucner (again) monitors system changes.As agallucci wrote you should be able to browse to the application's executabel (where you originally installed it, like C:\Program Files, Q:\PrimaryDirectroy or whatever.

Often the shortcuts indeed are populated to the desktop/start menu as part of the sequencer's self-preparation process (however sometimes these shortcuts fail).

Falko

Twitter @kirk_tn   |   Blog kirxblog   |   Web kirx.org   |   Fireside appvbook.com

• Proposed as answer by Dan Gough Wednesday, October 29, 2014 7:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by bbelko Wednesday, October 29, 2014 8:03 AM
    Tuesday, October 28, 2014 5:50 PM

All replies

• If you do the above, you should be able to open it however you would normally...ie from the shortcut, from the exe directly, etc.
    Tuesday, October 28, 2014 1:10 PM
  • In the second screenshot, just select the 'perform a custom installation' option, then hit next.

The sequencer will prepare a monitoring environment and wait for your next command (Checkbox 'I am finished..').

When the sequencer is ready with preparing itself (but before you click on 'I am finished...', the seqeucner (again) monitors system changes.As agallucci wrote you should be able to browse to the application's executabel (where you originally installed it, like C:\Program Files, Q:\PrimaryDirectroy or whatever.

Often the shortcuts indeed are populated to the desktop/start menu as part of the sequencer's self-preparation process (however sometimes these shortcuts fail).

Falko

Twitter @kirk_tn   |   Blog kirxblog   |   Web kirx.org   |   Fireside appvbook.com

• Proposed as answer by Dan Gough Wednesday, October 29, 2014 7:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by bbelko Wednesday, October 29, 2014 8:03 AM
    Tuesday, October 28, 2014 5:50 PM