Metadata Import Status/Error, Manual Database Actions? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm been trying to get my WSUS 3.0SP2 server to recognize updates I've imported.  The source server shows all updates are downloaded.  I copied everything to the offline server and then ran the wsusutil import, which succeeded.  It keeps showing that I have a bunch of updates needing to download.

I checked the files for some of the updates listed as waiting for files, but of the ones I checked, the files are physically in the path expected.

This morning a ran a reset on the destination server to try and force it to resync, but no status change yet.

I've verified the permissions on the folders as well.  Also used movecontent command yesterday to try forcing permissions by having WSUS move the content.  Still no go.

Question 1:  Is there a log file associated with the integrity check that would show an error indicating why WSUS doesn't think the update files exist?

Question 2: Is there a way in the database to just bypass the checking and flag all the files are available?  Probably not the right answer if the WSUS service can't actually host the files to clients, but I thought I could try this as a troubleshooting step.

Friday, June 17, 2016 2:10 PM

Answers