none
Updated to MDT 2013 Update 1 and all task sequences now fails to install any OS RRS feed

  • Question

  • I just upgraded our MDT 2013 production environment to MDT 2013 Update 1. Uninstalled old Wndows 8.1 ADK and installed new Windows 10 ADK. Installed MDT 2013 Update 1 over MDT 2013. Upgraded all deployment shares. Everything went fine without errors. But now if I try to install OS via any task sequence (all task sequences existed before update and I didn't re-create them after update process..).

    Now almost immediately when the task sequence starts it stops with the following errors.  I tried to read logfiles but couldn't determine the cause for this error. 

    Contents of BDD.log

    https://goo.gl/rkCPb0

    Thursday, October 29, 2015 6:04 PM

Answers

  • Hi Damon, You may be hitting the same problem I have found since moving to update 1. Do you have any steps in yor task sequence that make use of the "Start In" field? For example, Run command ... Command : regedit.exe /s somefile.reg Start In : c:\somefolder I have the exact same issue as you except I am deploying w7 images. I could only get the sequence to finish by removing the Start In field and putting the paths in explicitly into the command field. Hope this helps, Nathan

    NSutton

    • Marked as answer by DamonWH Saturday, October 31, 2015 8:08 AM
    Thursday, October 29, 2015 6:17 PM

All replies

  • Hi Damon, You may be hitting the same problem I have found since moving to update 1. Do you have any steps in yor task sequence that make use of the "Start In" field? For example, Run command ... Command : regedit.exe /s somefile.reg Start In : c:\somefolder I have the exact same issue as you except I am deploying w7 images. I could only get the sequence to finish by removing the Start In field and putting the paths in explicitly into the command field. Hope this helps, Nathan

    NSutton

    • Marked as answer by DamonWH Saturday, October 31, 2015 8:08 AM
    Thursday, October 29, 2015 6:17 PM
  • Hi Damon, Another possibility is that you must re-create your task sequences after you upgrade. Johan Ardwick makes note of this in his upgrade to 2013 U1 blog ... http://deploymentresearch.com/Research/Post/504/A-Geeks-Guide-for-upgrading-MDT-2013-to-MDT-2013-Update-1 See step 10. Cheers, Nathan Sutton

    NSutton

    Thursday, October 29, 2015 6:28 PM
  • Thanks Nathan!

    I had this step in beginning of every task sequence (initialization phase)

    Command:

    cscript.exe TaskSequenceStartTime.wsf

    Start in:

    %SCRIPTROOT%\Custom

    It's used in our environment for benchmarking the task sequences.

    After I disabled this step in task sequence started to run. Let's see where it stops next time.



    • Edited by DamonWH Thursday, October 29, 2015 6:31 PM
    Thursday, October 29, 2015 6:30 PM
  • Hi Damon, That sounds like it. You should be able to just make the command cscript.exe %scriptroot%\custom\TaskSequenceStartTime.wsf and it will work again. Cheers, Nathan Sutton

    NSutton


    Thursday, October 29, 2015 6:38 PM