none
MAP toolkit scalability RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Can someone tell me does MAP have the the capability to discover a 70,000 plus desktops ? and also what's the threshold on the discovery ? 

Delano

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 2:24 PM

Answers

• At 70,000 desktops  you'll want to consider the following if using MAP.

1) reconfigure the SQLServer to NOT be Express.  Express has a database filesize where 70,000 desktops could exceed it.

2) Attempt to run an instance of MAP for each Domain; not as elegant as the multi-domain functions within MAP, but divide & conquer.   Especially if the domains are connected via a leased LAN line.

3)  You will run into AD 'Device Zombies'  as well as a rash of WMI errors on the desktops.

4) At 70,000 desktops, you may run into Server DMZ's as well as Server farms where the RPC(WMI) protocol has been intentionally defeated. 

We've been successful using MAP at companies of between 50K to 180K, but at that size of customer, MAP is part of the solution... not the entire solution.

Rather than polluting this thread with non technical issues  ( gotta respect the realm), feel free to call me and I can explain our methodologies.

Cheers

Steve At AssetLabs

Thursday, January 30, 2014 2:32 AM