none
BizTalk Administration Console failed to show Biztalk group with error: Failed to save WMI property "AnalyticsEnabled".

Question

• Hello,

First time poster...

I got this error when i was going to configure BAM. Couldn't klick on group in Biztalk Configuration Wizard, just throwed this at me:

TITLE: Microsoft BizTalk Server Configuration Wizard
    ------------------------------
    Failed to save WMI property "AnalyticsEnabled".

Then i went back to the Administration Console just to be meet by the same error again:

TITLE: BizTalk Server Administration
    ------------------------------
    Failed to load Group [yadayada:BizTalkMgmtDb] data providers. (Microsoft.BizTalk.Administration.SnapIn)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Failed to load Group [yadayada:BizTalkMgmtDb] data providers. (Microsoft.BizTalk.Administration.SnapIn)
    Failed to save WMI property "AnalyticsEnabled". (WinMgmt)

From there i went straight to Services for a quick check on WMI service, It was running but i still did a net stop/start on winmgmt, that did not help.

Was then steering twards event viewer for the wmi log (Applications and Services Logs\Microsoft\Windows\WMI-Activity) and found alot of this:

ClientMachine = yadayada; User = NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM; ClientProcessId = 22836; Component = Unknown; Operation = Start IWbemServices::ExecQuery - root\cimv2 : select * from Win32_UserProfile; ResultCode = 0x80041032; PossibleCause = Throttling Idle Tasks, refer to CIMOM regkey: ArbTaskMaxIdle

This is a Windows 10 Pro Laptop, yes i know its a server software but ill like to have it on my machine for developing and testing. And it work fin upto yesterday. I dont have a suitable snap-shot to revert to.

Maybe someone seen this before and could point me in the right direction?

Regards

Wednesday, September 12, 2018 11:00 AM

Answers

All replies

• What SQL server version and BTS are you trying to install?

If BTS 2016 an local 32 bit installation of Excel 2016 is required
    For development use the SQL Server Developer which comes with the features as SQL Server Enterprise

/Peter

When asking a question please be as thoroughly as possible this will make it easier to assist you http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Wednesday, September 12, 2018 1:56 PM
  • If Admin Console was working fine until a day before, maybe some Win updates kicked in? Were any installed recently?

Thanks Arindam

Thursday, September 13, 2018 1:03 AM
  • Hey, Thanks for replying..

I was looking at that when it happend but i couldn't find anything related.. but i'm gonna do some more digging. Can CU5 be an aggregator in this case?

regards

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 10:28 AM
  • It is more likely to be some Windows security update, etc. based on what you have described. I would start with checking in 'View Installed Updates' for any that were installed on/around that day.

Thanks Arindam

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 11:37 PM
  • Hi there,

Installing the latest security patches of August month will resolve this issue. It did at one of my client.

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/search.aspx?q=kb4343887

The issue was created by a bug in the July month windows update. But, do not opt to uninstall the update as restarting the Server/VM might lead to blue screen in some VMs.

Thanking you,

Mohamed Ibrahim

Thursday, September 20, 2018 5:47 AM