none
Prevent MS Project from rounding % complete field RRS feed

• Question

• When updating the % complete field in Microsoft Project 2010/2013, it automatically rounds the field to the nearest whole integer percent. For example, if I attemply to input a % complete as 20.5%, it will automatically round up to 21%. Is there a way to prevent this so that decimal values can be included?

Monday, July 7, 2014 11:49 PM

Answers

• megan112,

As far as I know, no. You can however create a custom field formula that duplicates the formula Project uses to populate the % Complete field,

Text1=[Actual Duration]/[Duration]*100

However, unless you have your duration units set for minutes, you're not likely to see any decimal values in the % complete.

Hope this helps. If this answers your question, please mark it as the answer.

Follow-on comment: Can you honestly say someone knows a task's completeness to tenths of a percent? I can't.

John

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 12:04 AM

All replies

• megan112,

As far as I know, no. You can however create a custom field formula that duplicates the formula Project uses to populate the % Complete field,

Text1=[Actual Duration]/[Duration]*100

However, unless you have your duration units set for minutes, you're not likely to see any decimal values in the % complete.

Hope this helps. If this answers your question, please mark it as the answer.

Follow-on comment: Can you honestly say someone knows a task's completeness to tenths of a percent? I can't.

John

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 12:04 AM
  • I recommend that you do not update progress by typing % Complete.

% of anything is a fraction with a numerator and a denominator. What are yours?

% Complete in MSP is actual duration/total duration. It is not a measure of the progress of the task itself, such as 3 cubic metres of concrete poured out of 5 cubic metres total.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 1:09 AM