none
Issues with Mapping From Access Into Project 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Not sure this is the right forum, but I could really use some help mapping fields from an Access databaseinto Project.  I recently had to upgrade from Project 2007 to 2010 and ever since then have had problems using an existing map.  The initial problem I rean into was getting "OUT OF CONTEXT:Start_Date" errors when trying to map my database field name [Start] to project field name Start, and [Subtask Name] to Name, along with about 5 others.

Original Map Errors

So after a little Googling, I found out that it appeared to be an issue with Project 2010 in that is seems project 2010's default column names are different from 2007, so I went into my Access database and renamed [Start] to [Start_date] and [Subtask Name] to [Subtask_Name]...which appeared to fix my map errors and got rid of the "OUT OF CONTEXT:" errors.

New Map

But for some reason, even though you can see in the "Prevew" panel, where the first Start date is 14 June 2010 (which is the correct value)...after running the map in Project, all the tasks get imported correctly, except that all the start dates end up being set to the project start date??

I feel like there is some setting that I just don't have set correctly, but I've gone through the Options and can't seem to find any that prevents all my starts dates from getting changed.

Any help or guidance someone could lend would be MUCH appreciated.  Thanks,

• Moved by Barbara HenhaplMVP, Moderator Thursday, July 19, 2012 5:37 AM Not Project Server related (From:Project Server - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation)
    Wednesday, July 18, 2012 7:42 PM

Answers

• Hi Mike,

Try to use Project field "Scheduled Start". This is the field storing Start in date format. It does work for me and I can confirm, that Start gives Project Start date.

Does that help?
    Barbara

Thursday, July 19, 2012 5:36 AM

All replies