Can a Self-Service User deploy a new VM from a Template to a specific HyperV host? RRS feed

• Question

• Can I set up VMM and App Controller in a way so that a self service user on the App Controller website can choose which specific Hyper-V host a new VM should be deployed to?

Presently, I have a host group with 6 hosts which is set up as a ressource for a Cloud and when users in App Controller deploy a new VM form a VM Template, there does not seem to be any option to specify the Hyper-V host. App Controller or VMM justs selects one for the user. That is nice in some scenarios, but not in all.

I tried to see if I could get it to work using placement rules. But I think that values typed into App Controllers 'Cost Center' field when deploying a vm from a template are ignored. Maybe that Cost Center field is for something else than what I hoped.

I guess I could create 6 separate clouds, but that seems somewhat backwards... And that would probably prevent users from moving the vm's to another host after it is deployed (which would be nice).

(cross-posted from App Controller forum, where there does not seem to be much activity)

• Moved by BrianEhMVP Wednesday, August 12, 2015 4:05 PM
    Wednesday, August 12, 2015 3:12 PM

Answers

All replies