SSIS Job is running with no errors, but doesn't do anything RRS feed

• Question

• I have a SSIS package that I have scheduled to run (under SQL Server Agent jobs) and when I check its history, it shows it being invoked regularly, and with no errors.  The problem is, nothing is actually happening.  I can load up the job in MS Visual Studio, and run it, and it runs fine, and takes care of the data transfer.  The data is not getting transferred when it runs as a job under SQL Server Agent though the logs show that job was run, and completed with no errors.

I have another package that is similarly configured and does run correctly, and I have been checking the two packages to see what the difference in configuration is, but I don't see anything.  All the package in question is, is a single foreach container that gets all the files in a directory, adds them as flatfiles to a database, and then moves them to an archiving directory.

Thursday, October 4, 2007 1:24 PM

Answers

• Sounds like perhaps the foreach loop isn't finding any files in the directory.  Did you use an absolute file path when setting up the foreach loop?
    Thursday, October 4, 2007 2:49 PM

All replies

• Sounds like perhaps the foreach loop isn't finding any files in the directory.  Did you use an absolute file path when setting up the foreach loop?
    Thursday, October 4, 2007 2:49 PM
  • Arggg.. That was it.  I was using a pathname like Z:\blahblah, instead of \\fileserv1\blah blah.  And the SRVSQL account , which is what it was running under, doesn't know what a Z drive is.  And for some reason SSIS didn't throw an error, but said that directory was empty.  Problem solved.

Thanks!

Thursday, October 4, 2007 2:56 PM