none
LTI - Path not found random issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone.

MDT 6.2.5019 on Server 2012.

I'm in process of building very big task sequence for server reference image.
    Sometimes, I will receive LTI error that path was not found for example for my Vmware driver store where I keep my VMXNET3 driver for the reference image and sometimes it will do the same on Install Operating System Step.

When I receive path not found error, I can see that Z: drive is mapped fine and I do not see anything out of normal when error occurs. Logs appear to be fine, except this path not found error.

Here is the kicker. When I go back to the same task sequence in MDT and edit it, disable Inject Drivers step or Install Operating System step (depending on which one failed on me this time), hit apply, then OK, then reopen task sequence again and un-check the check box to disable failing step and apply and OK changes, everything goes back to normal, for a while ... :)

To sum this up, it appears that it will happen randomly, I would say 1 out of 10 tries to build the task sequence reference image will throw that error. Editing task sequence and making random change, like disable something, apply and re-enable it back fixes the problem.

Am I encountering some sort of bug?

I went through known issues list for MDT posted on Technet and could not find anything relating to what I see.

I would appreciate any input you might have.

Thanks!

Thursday, April 30, 2015 1:40 PM

All replies

• VMXNET3 tends to be buggy for me in MDT. I usually use the E1000 Ethernet on captures which doesn't require a driver to load up.
    Thursday, April 30, 2015 3:09 PM
  • Are you concerned that you get a warning at the end of the Task Sequence?  It isn't uncommon to get a warning because the network isn't 100% ready when MDT does its first checks.  It retries multiple times but, each failed try will cause a warning.  Can you post your bdd.log to some public sharing site like OneDrive and I can tell you what happened?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, April 30, 2015 6:18 PM