get-addomaincontroller issue RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon,

This is an odd one...  I think it might have something to do with 2 new DC's added to our environment.  They are both RODC's and neither have DNS installed on them.   I read somewhere that we need to check the NS records but considering those DC's don't have DNS installed that config is correct.

Here is the error I get

PS C:\Scripts> Get-ADDomainController -filter *
    Get-ADDomainController : Directory object not found
    At line:1 char:1
    + Get-ADDomainController -filter *
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (:) [Get-ADDomainController], ADIdentityNotFoundException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ActiveDirectoryCmdlet:Microsoft.ActiveDirectory.Management.ADIdentityNotFoundException,M
       icrosoft.ActiveDirectory.Management.Commands.GetADDomainController

I was out for two months for back surgery, come back and none of my scripts work because of this!!!  Many things may have changed...  But those two servers to me are suspect.  Before I add DNS server to them and add all the zones I need, can somebody chime in?

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 7:11 PM

All replies

• Not enough information.  The DNS you need to check is the AD DNS that is on the non-RODC DCs to be sure the RODCs are configured.  Ask your Domain Admins to help you troubleshoot this.  It is not a scripting issue.

\_(ツ)_/

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 7:44 PM
  • Thanks..... I'll look more into it later.
    Wednesday, May 31, 2017 11:21 AM