none
DPM 2012 Multiple Consistency Checks Running Simultaneously RRS feed

• Question

• I have a file server with 7 large drives that take a long time to consistency check, all within one DPM protection group. I would like to stagger the consistency checks rather than them all starting at the same time, is this possible without breaking them into seperate protection groups?
    Tuesday, October 30, 2012 11:44 AM

Answers

• Hi Andy,

The daily consistency check is a global setting for the protection group - so it will initiate for all members at the same time.

You can, however, manually initiate consistency checks for individual protected sources. This can be done through the GUI, but there's no real reason that you couldn't schedule a Start-DPMDataSourceConsistencyCheck (Powershell cmdlet) for each source at a time of your choosing: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh881726.aspx

The other thing to consider is whether you absolutely need the daily consistency check. You could try turning it off and see how often your volumes actually become inconsistent. I often prefer to run it manually on a periodic basis.

Hope that helps,

Matt

AuTechHeads - a group of geeks, by geeks, and for geeks. Join us online now at www.autechheads.com!

• Proposed as answer by MattMofDoomModerator Tuesday, October 30, 2012 12:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Andy4673 Friday, November 2, 2012 8:27 AM
    Tuesday, October 30, 2012 12:05 PM