none
Actual work difference between Reporting and Published (2013) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I'm currently battling with MS Project Server 2013 to understand a difference we observe in actual work.

here is the scenario...

User submits 6 hours for a task on Dec 18

Task is accepted and updated in the plan - we can observe this in resource usage view.

Plan is then published.

We observe that our reports show 2 hours instead of 6 for this task assignment

Recheck the plan and the hours are still showing as 6 in the timephased view.

When we look in SQL we find that the Pub tables show 6 hours but the Reporting tables show 2 hours!!!!

How can this be if the Reporting schema should mirror the data in the Pub schema??

We have SP1 + Oct CU

Any advice welcome!

Thanks,

Shane

Shane O'Hanlon (Accenture)

Thursday, January 22, 2015 7:07 PM

All replies

• Shane,

Before we go into the deep end of troubleshooting, have you tried republishing the project, to see if that resyncs the project data correctly?

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Friday, January 23, 2015 3:46 AM
  • Hi Prasanna - yes, several times :)

Friday, January 23, 2015 10:19 AM
  • hello Hester - Just read that post now

I did try to run an RDB refresh but that did not help. TBH I would have considered that more if there was no actual work for the assignment but in this case, there is some, just not the correct amount for the day in question. Also there are no failing jobs to consider.

I have a hunch that its something to do with how the PCS is handling the actual work due given how the task has been setup. It was originally setup with a constraint of "finish no later than".

Whats confusing, however, is that the hours in the pub schema differs to the reporting schema, which to me, should never be so :(

Friday, January 23, 2015 10:25 AM
  • Do you see this with other projects as well? Could you save the project as an .mpp and upload it to another PWA? Maybe you can figure out if it is just this project or a corrupted db.
    Friday, January 23, 2015 10:48 AM
  • @Hester - Just the one plan

Friday, January 23, 2015 4:59 PM
  • The problem is with your report. Are you pulling actuals from the timesheet tables or the task tables. Project server has two buckets of data that it manager. Timesheets time buckets and Tasksheet time buckets.

Why not provide the SQL query that you are using or how are  you pulling the data from project server.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Friday, January 23, 2015 7:17 PM
  • Share,

Did you try save for sharing option?

Hrishi Deshpande Senior Consultant

Saturday, January 24, 2015 9:12 PM
  • No joy Hrishi :)

Sunday, January 25, 2015 10:06 PM