none
SYSVOL replication problem

Question

•    Hello to all. I'm involved in a Windows 2003 to 2012 R2 AD migration. Current AD environment is made of 2 DCs, both are WIN2K3 R2 SP2. Before running into AD migration, I need to solve a SYSVOL replication problem. 
       The fact is that SYSVOL replication is not working, when I test it running GPOTool from DC A all GPOs present problems when checked against its replication partner, DC B. The errors are concentraded in two categories: sysvol and AD mismatch for some GPOs between DCs & some GPOs are not present in DC B. I created one GPO in DC A and it really didn't replicated to DC B. NetLogon and FRS is up and running on both DCs. Promoting a new Windows 2003 DC was already tested and didn't work (SYSVOL was not replicated). All AD authentication wotk fine as well as connection objects replication, the point is SYSVOL replication. I checked SYSVOL folder and verified that it was manually changed in 2011 or 2012 (there is an "OLD" folder for GPOs) and after that GPOs were manually copied from DC A to DC B to keep minimal consistency for GPOs and scripts application.
       The point here is how I begin to investigate this puzzle, bacause I need to send a proposal and it's not clear how to solve it.
       Is there a feasible way to discover what is the root cause and how to fix it? Example: permissions (how to check if the problem are permissions), FRS problem in DC B (how to test it), some specific FRS logs to analyze the problem? Your suggestions will be very welcomed.
       I would not like to run into a GPO recreation (I believe that it would not solve the problem because I already tested GPO creation and it didn't replicated) because I have some critical GPOs, like Default Domain Controller Policy and Default Domain Policy that could cause serious problem if reset.
       Hope to hear from you soon.
       Regards, EEOC.
    Thursday, June 11, 2015 1:38 AM

Answers