New WSUS server synchronizes successfully, reports zero updates RRS feed

• Question

• New WSUS server installed on Server 2012R2 synchronizes successfully, reports zero updates

WSUS Content folder empty.

Thursday, August 25, 2016 7:55 PM

Answers

• Hi Dynamic Computer,

> I am have a problem two with the WSUS console continually crashing when I try to do anything.  This server is not really doing much but file sharing.

Please check if you have checked "Drivers" in Classifications:

It is not recommended to check "Driver", since there are a lot of updates for drivers, while we only need a few, and it may occupy a lot of memory.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 4:24 AM
  • It was.  I unchecked it and ran clean up.  It seems to be running more reliably now.
    Tuesday, August 30, 2016 3:22 PM

All replies

• did you make sure you checked products that you want to synchronize in the software update point? 
    Thursday, August 25, 2016 7:59 PM
  • Yes, I have Windows 10 and Windows 7 selected.
    Thursday, August 25, 2016 8:00 PM
  • Classifications were not set for some reason.
    Thursday, August 25, 2016 8:19 PM
  • what  does you PatchDownloader.log say? on the site server that is hosting the software upate point. 
    Thursday, August 25, 2016 8:21 PM
  • Classifications were not set for some reason.

Hi Dynamic Computer,

Do you mean you not select classifications before synchronization:

If yes, then, please configure it.

If the configurations are correct, while the issue still exits, please show me the following screenshots:

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 26, 2016 5:26 AM
  • Yes, I had figured that out before your post.  I'm not sure how those did not get checked when setting up the server.

I am have a problem two with the WSUS console continually crashing when I try to do anything.  This server is not really doing much but file sharing.

Friday, August 26, 2016 6:06 PM
  • Hi Dynamic Computer,

> I am have a problem two with the WSUS console continually crashing when I try to do anything.  This server is not really doing much but file sharing.

Please check if you have checked "Drivers" in Classifications:

It is not recommended to check "Driver", since there are a lot of updates for drivers, while we only need a few, and it may occupy a lot of memory.

Best Regards,

Anne

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 4:24 AM
  • It was.  I unchecked it and ran clean up.  It seems to be running more reliably now.
    Tuesday, August 30, 2016 3:22 PM
  • Hi Dynamic Computer,

> I unchecked it and ran clean up.  It seems to be running more reliably now.

Glad to hear it. Then you may mark useful replies as answer, so that this case can be closed.

Best Regards,

Anne

Thursday, September 1, 2016 3:56 AM