none
Client for NFS - caching and perm bits monitoring

Question

• Hello, 

To turn off Client for NFS caching I in the registry I set AttributeTimeDelta DWORD to Decimal 0, and also FileAttributeCache DWORD to decimal zero.

Is there any other setting necessary?

Also - I would like Win 10 Client for NFS to just treat NFSS resources as "777" so it will go to the NFSS (any NFSS) to check security and not do it on the client side.  I see "KeepInheritance" is only a setting on for Windows NFSS in a file "nfsserver.conf".  Would this help for seeing "777" t o force a server security check?? Is there any way to do this for any NFSS Win 10 NFSC is connect to ?  In other words, is there  a way to do this on Win 10 NFSC?  I can right click propertied on an NFS network drive letter and select 777, but not sure if that propagates down from the the drive letter level.  Thanks very much!

~Charlie

Charlie

• Edited by mrwheat Tuesday, February 12, 2019 8:11 PM
    Tuesday, February 12, 2019 8:09 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Charlie,

Thank you for posting in this forum.

Please refer to this link to disable Client for NFS cache.

And then please refer to this article: NTFS permission not flowing to the newly created files and subfolder to see if its information is helpful to you.

Best Regards,

Leon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by mrwheat Thursday, February 14, 2019 8:28 PM
    Wednesday, February 13, 2019 7:47 AM
  • Hello Leon, 

Thank you very much for the pointer to the Client for NFS cache.  I have notes the 3 necessary DWORD definitions as I only had 2 of the required 3.

As for your 2nd link, thank but this information only pertains to running a Windows NFS Server and in our case are not.

Thank you again for your time and reply!

~Charlie

Charlie

Thursday, February 14, 2019 8:56 PM
  • You are welcome, Charlie.

Glad to hear that the information provided is helpful to you.

And if there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,

Leon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

22 hours 22 minutes ago