What windows do I have, 7, 8 or 10? It RRS feed

• Question

•  Its seems that when updates are run the laptop has a mind of its own. I started with Windows 7. Then time for updates, the screen was saying for me not to turn my PC off it was running much needed updates. The next morning I had Windows 8. Now I have 10 according to my screen.....
    Monday, September 3, 2018 5:15 AM

All replies

• It would appear that you have Windows 10. To determine exactly which version of Windows is installed, open a Run window (press Windows Logo key+R), type winver and press Enter. You can additionally click on Microsoft Software License Terms.

• Edited by BurrWalnut Monday, September 3, 2018 7:26 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Tony_Tao Monday, September 10, 2018 7:48 AM
    Monday, September 3, 2018 7:22 AM
  • Hi E.A. Tollison.

You can easily find the Windows version you're running: either hit the Win + Pause keys to open the System properties window or hit the Win + R keys, type cmd and then type winver and hit ENTER.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Monday, September 3, 2018 7:34 AM
  • In run,type: WinVer
    Monday, September 3, 2018 5:25 PM
  • Hi,

In addition, you can also refer to the following article and check if it can help you.

How to upgrade to Windows 10 from within Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 using Windows Update

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-upgrade-to-windows-10-from-within-windows/21b5cd8a-d96d-4cda-a9aa-7d936a9a0b88

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Tony_Tao Monday, September 10, 2018 7:48 AM
    Tuesday, September 4, 2018 7:41 AM
  • Hi, We haven’t heard from you for a couple of days, have you solved the problem?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 10, 2018 7:48 AM