none
MS Project - Output Excel file RRS feed

• Question

• hello.

I have a simple project plan with 2 resources.  Each resource has two sub tasks.  The first resource has sub tasks split over 4 years with work hours in each year. The second resource has sub tasks split over 3 years with work hours in each year.  I need to output an excel file with records for each resource/sub task/year/hours.  I have tried all the file outputs layouts and none give me the result I am look for.  any idea's

Monday, April 25, 2016 1:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

you can't use any export functionality for this purpose. Timescale data is not available in fiel outputs.

But you can use Visula Reports for that. If you start e.g. visual report Baseline Work Report, select "Year" as level of usage data. Excel will be opened and display a chart. Go to to sheet "Assignment Usage" and uses Resources and Tasks in rows, Weekly Calendar in columns and Work as values.

Does that help?
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Monday, April 25, 2016 3:42 PM
  • thanks for the reply.  will try and let you know.
    Tuesday, April 26, 2016 4:48 PM