OneDrive - unable to Sign in due to completely blank Application screen RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to login to Microsoft OneDrive and I am presented with a completely blank application window whilst logging in - just the title bar of Microsoft OneDrive

No idea what to do to login.

One forum suggested clearing browser cache, which I have done in all browsers, but this did not fix the problem.

I have desinstalled and reinstalled - nothing

I am running a windows 7 service pack 1 desktop linked to a windows 2012 server. I am able to login on other machines with other users and then OneDrive is working fine on those machines.

Have tried doing a OneDrive Reset The OneDrive reset did nothing.

I get the welcome screen, click Next and then get the blank screen.

Looking at OneDrive login credentials with the Credentials Manager.

I do not have anything relating to OneDrive and have no entry marked "OneDrive Cached Credential"

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 8:55 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I have received the message regarding to your issue. We would consider there is something wrong with your Internet Explorer or if any 3rd party software block it. We would like to suggest you perform the steps below to fix it.

1. Check for updates first.

2. Check if it exits any proxy setting for your LAN. Please go to Internet Explorer interface, then click "Internet Options" > "Connections" tab > "LAN settings" > uncheck the option of "Use a proxy server for your LAN.

3. Start the Windows in clean boot mode and uninstall the anti-virus software temporarily. We would consider if any 3rd software block it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

4. Turn off and turn on Internet explorer to fix the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/how-to-turn-internet-explorer-off

Good luck to fix it.

Best Regards,

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 2:27 AM
  • Hi Glenn,

Have you tried reinstall the app to fix it? Before you reinstall it, you need to clear the data about the app under "%appdata%" folder.

If it still doesn't work, please contact you local administrator to uninstall the anti-virus temporarily due to we consider if anti-virus block it. Also, turn off Windows Firewall.

Wish you have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 4, 2016 1:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I have received the message regarding to your issue. We would consider there is something wrong with your Internet Explorer or if any 3rd party software block it. We would like to suggest you perform the steps below to fix it.

1. Check for updates first.

2. Check if it exits any proxy setting for your LAN. Please go to Internet Explorer interface, then click "Internet Options" > "Connections" tab > "LAN settings" > uncheck the option of "Use a proxy server for your LAN.

3. Start the Windows in clean boot mode and uninstall the anti-virus software temporarily. We would consider if any 3rd software block it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

4. Turn off and turn on Internet explorer to fix the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/how-to-turn-internet-explorer-off

Good luck to fix it.

Best Regards,

Simon

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 2:27 AM
  • Hi

I have the same issue. In addition the Sign in dialog box for Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is also blank. I am also running Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 with all updates loaded. I have tried turning IE off, no resolution. No proxy server is being used. Cannot turn off AV as it is a corporate network.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 6:07 AM
  • Hi Glenn,

Have you tried reinstall the app to fix it? Before you reinstall it, you need to clear the data about the app under "%appdata%" folder.

If it still doesn't work, please contact you local administrator to uninstall the anti-virus temporarily due to we consider if anti-virus block it. Also, turn off Windows Firewall.

Wish you have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Simon

Thursday, February 4, 2016 1:00 AM
  • Hello ,

It still doesn't work.

We are still facing this issue for one drive and shows us white screen.

At the same one drive is accessible from the app which we have downloaded. Also on this server we have disabled the firewall and AV.

Please share us the resolution

Monday, April 9, 2018 2:14 PM
  • I have the same issue - it started today, after I changed my OneDrive password.  No option to login - just a blank screen. 
    Monday, April 16, 2018 6:32 PM
  • We were having this issue and found that the IE zone settings were not at default.  After setting them all back to default it worked.  Crazy as it sounds but there must be some child setting and then IE/Edge is rendering the login page.

Keith Schneider

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 9:44 PM
  • I also ran into this problem but I found a solution to it.

You need to enable cookies from your default internet browser.

For me, it was Firefox in Windows 10 64bit as my default browser.

Restoring PRIVACY AND SECURITY SETTINGS to defaults fixed this and it was able to connect to my Microsoft account and sign in.

My guess is the sign in is requesting to connect and store data locally. Enabling cookies is the only way to solve the white window screen from hanging there doing nothing.

Hope this helps you and anyone stuck on this.

Rob Mackay

• Proposed as answer by ROBMACKAY Tuesday, November 6, 2018 1:06 AM
    Tuesday, November 6, 2018 1:05 AM
  • Solved.

I opened microsoft word logged my account in there and then when I went back to onedrive I was able to log in there.

Thursday, June 27, 2019 1:55 AM
  • Had the same issue, bugged me for ages.

Solution was similar to the above, slightly different.

I had to sign out of my office account in Excel (or any MS apps I guess you could do it). Then I signed into my account with OneDrive (which progressed past the white screen of death) and then I signed back into my office account within Excel again.

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 8:49 AM