none
Server 2012 SNMP Management RRS feed

• Question

• Good Morning Everyone.

I work for a company and have a fair understanding of networking and virtulisation. However Have little exposure to win 2012 and SNMP in general.

What I have been tasked to do sounds fairly simple to me however like I have said, I'm far from an expert on it.

Currently we have two systems which are located in different areas of the world. Site 1 is abroad and site 2 is in the uk.

Site 1 has several virtual servers. It also has a virtual SNMP server used to collect alerts and reports from the other servers. (Thats what i understand SNMP to do?)

Currently Site 2 is connected to site 1 over a  VPN. Again site 2 is again a virtual server running 3 VM's. 2 win 2012 machines and a linux machine.

What I have been asked is to get the 3 VM's in site 2 to send snmp traffic over the VPN to site 1.

First question is if this is even possible?

Secondly is it possibly using only the win2012 machine or will i need third party software?

Possible problems I face are the fact I do not have access to site 1. So I do not know the software that is running on the SNMP server.

If anyone could help it would be appreciated. Ideally I would want to do this without having to get any information from site 1 as it would just be easier.

Kind Regards

James

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 8:51 AM

All replies

• Probably better to post in a more relevant forum.  This forum is for Virtual Server 2005. 

Try the server2012 forum, or depending on your virtualization platform, that particular product's support forum. 

Friday, October 23, 2015 7:13 PM