none
Compatibility between FAST ESP version and java search API version RRS feed

• Question

• In our environment we have a couple different versions and service pack levels of ESP 5.x up to 5.3 SP4; also a couple different versions of the java search API in use including 5.1.1.3 and 5.3.07.  Is there a compatibility matrix to answer the question: which versions of the java search API are certified against which versions of ESP?  Thank you.  Will Dowling ThomsonReuters
    Monday, August 8, 2011 2:19 PM

All replies

• Hi William,

From Fast ESP Software Development Kit (FAST_ESP_SDK_5_3_Release_Notes_rev_A.pdf) it can be concluded that the apis are compatible with version 5.x on wards on all the supported platforms.

Following is the extract from the FAST_ESP_SDK_5_3_Release_Notes_rev_A.pdf...

"FAST ESP Software Development Kit (SDK) version 5.3 is compatible with FAST ESP version 5.3 on all supported operating system platforms. The search and content APIs are also compatible with earlier versions of ESP 5.x."

Thanks

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 5:37 AM
  • Hi Nitin,

Thank you for your quick response.  It is partly helpful. From it I understand the 5.3 SDK is compatible with earlier versions of ESP, but I don't know if our programs using SDK 5.1.1.3 might fail with newer ESP 5.3.  That is why I was asking for a compatibility matrix.  Do I have to upgrade the SDK version for those older programs in order to use them successfully to communicate with ESP 5.3?

Incidentally the package I downloaded for the search API  esp_sdk_5_3_sp3_searchapi-java_patch01_all does not include FAST_ESP_SDK_5_3_Release_Notes_rev_A.pdf that you referred to.

Thanks again,  Will Dowling  ThomsonReuters

William F Dowling
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 2:21 PM
  • Specific information I am interested in is in addition to Search Engine and Search API being compatible, are there any significant improvements in terms of performance or responsiveness in Search API past 5.1.1.3? And where can I get a revision history for Search API?

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 5:51 PM