Importing .wim with three partitions captured with SCCM build and capture fails RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to Import a .wim with three partitions captured with SCCM build and capture task sequence. It imports through the wizard and gets placed into the folder in the deployment share but will not show up in the deployment workbench.

FYI: Its also a captured VM.

tconners

• Edited by tconners Tuesday, December 3, 2013 6:02 PM
    Tuesday, December 3, 2013 6:01 PM

All replies

• What?

Wim files do not capture multiple partitions, only single partitions, unless you are adding multiple partitions to multiple wim streams. You kind of skipped over some important information here.

You say it does not show up in the deployment workbench? Which Deployment workbench, SCCM console, or the MDT workbench?

If you are importing images into MDT, then you should be building images via MDT as well, not through SCCM (that is the recommended guidance from almost everyone I known at MSFT MNiehaus/BenHunt/KeithGa etc..., there are a *few* exceptions ).

If MDT console, check the control\operatingsystems.xml file for consistency.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

• Proposed as answer by Keith GarnerMVP Wednesday, December 4, 2013 8:39 PM
    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 8:39 PM
  • . I have used a SCCM build task sequence to create a .wim as mentioned above with baked in items. I want to use some MDT magic "Pause TS" to add some that wont take in with the current SCCM build and capture process. I figured a .wim is a .wim is a .wim........ 

Currently I use the SCCM build and capture TS with capture stripped out. Tweak windows, the use the media based SCCM capture TS to grab it.

Yeah I partition the same in my deploy TS ............

tconners

• Edited by tconners Wednesday, December 4, 2013 8:59 PM
    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 8:55 PM
  • Hi

you can remove the partition with help of GImageX

I used a tool called GImageX 2.0.17 and you can download it here. This tool can helps to delete the partition inside the .wim image.

follow this(http://scexblog.blogspot.in/2012/10/mdt-2012imported-image-doesnt-appear-on.html )to delete partition

-------------------

Shekhar

Saturday, July 19, 2014 11:52 AM