How to uninstall iTune on Windows 7? RRS feed

• Question

• In trying to download a program using Windows 7, I continue to have the download into iTunes instead of the desktop.  Therefore, I would like to uninstall iTunes, but do not know if this will create other problems. Does anyone know? If so, please advise.  Thanks.
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Sunday, December 2, 2012 10:23 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows Vista Hardware)
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:26 PM

Answers

• Hi,

To remove iTunes, here is an Apple official KB for your reference:

Removing and reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows Vista or Windows 7

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1923

Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Thursday, December 6, 2012 7:41 AM
    Monday, December 3, 2012 6:23 AM

All replies

• What exactly are you trying to do and what exactly happens? Are you referring to the program ITunes or a folder called ITunes.

--
    --
    "BAJ Bell" wrote in message news:6d56d31f-4f07-48cf-bab1-a1696df555d2...
    In trying to download a program using Windows 7, I continue to have the download into iTunes instead of the desktop.  Therefore, I would like to uninstall iTunes, but do not know if this will create other problems. Does anyone know? If so, please advise.  Thanks.
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:58 PM
  • Hi,

To remove iTunes, here is an Apple official KB for your reference:

Removing and reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows Vista or Windows 7

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1923

Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Thursday, December 6, 2012 7:41 AM
    Monday, December 3, 2012 6:23 AM