Everytime lock with SharePoint Enterprise 2019 RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings!

So, we've migrated to the new SP version and faced a wicked problem. When user is uploading a new document to the doclib everything is all right. But  EVERYTIME when users are creating  a new document with office online  they are unable to rename or delete or modify it in any other way after first save for some time. We faced such locks with SP2016 but less often. People are getting angry ((

Any idea?

Monday, April 8, 2019 5:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you mean that "users are unable to edit the file which is saved from Office Online"? 

I will test this in my environment and will tell you if there is some update.

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 2:01 PM
  • Hi, Allen!

It's funny but actually they can edit with OWA the document content itself. But they cannot rename the item of delete it or move it or edit it with desktop Word. Or to be precise  -  they can rename it  within office online session but unable to do it via sharepoint interface. Or WebDAV interface.

Looks like document is locked inside OWA session and when users open it again in OWA the same session in which file was created is  restoring and letting them to work. But any other access interfaces are closed for some time. 

• Edited by Dudadu Wednesday, April 10, 2019 9:25 AM
    Wednesday, April 10, 2019 9:17 AM
  • Hi,

A strange thing: For SP 2019, we should use OOS, not OWA. Even for my SP2016, OWA will not work. You may need to first check this.

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, April 11, 2019 1:58 AM
  • Sorry, Allen, I ment OOS 2016, just have an old naming habbit :)
    Friday, April 12, 2019 12:08 PM
  • Hi Dudadu,

Do you mean that you cannot edit the document in your library? Can you edit the properties by clicking "Edit Properties" button in the button?

What about creating a new file in SharePoint library? 

I would suggest you create a new library and have a test.

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Thursday, April 18, 2019 9:33 AM