none
Attaching DPM agent to DPM server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to attach the DPM agents installed on a Windows server 2008 R2 machine working on forest level 2003 and my DPm server is installed on windows 2008 R2 server with forest functional level as windows 2008. Both the LAN are connected through VPN and have two ways transative trust between them. Please tell me the process to attach the remote DPm agent. 

P.N. In the select computer list of attaching the DPM agents the machines of the trusted domains are not listed. Is that ok or should i create the forest trust again.

Thankz,

Chhaya 

• Moved by MarcReynolds Thursday, September 29, 2011 12:22 PM (From:Data Protection Manager)
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 10:08 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I am trying to attach the DPM agents installed on a Windows server 2008 R2 machine working on forest level 2003 and my DPm server is installed on windows 2008 R2 server with forest functional level as windows 2008. Both the LAN are connected through VPN and have two ways transative trust between them. Please tell me the process to attach the remote DPm agent. 

P.N. In the select computer list of attaching the DPM agents the machines of the trusted domains are not listed. Is that ok or should i create the forest trust again.

Thankz,

Chhaya 

Hi Chhaya,

To attach DPM agent basically

1. Install DPM agent on Server you want to protect.
    2. Run SetDPMServer.exe –dpmServerName<serverName> from protected server.
    3. Go to DPM server and attach agent using Attach-ProductionServer.ps1. This will allow you to specify the server you want to protect's name.

Check this link on how to manually attach DPM agent: http://www.buchatech.com/2009/07/manually-install-the-dpm-agent/ . This is for 2007 but should work on DPM 2010.

You should be able to add servers over a trust. If you are having issues seeing the servers from trust listed in DPM then you may need to look at your trust and make sure it is working properly.

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.dpm2010.com
    Monday, January 16, 2012 7:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Chhaya,

Did you have this issue resolved?

Thanks, Wilson Souza - MSFT This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 8:08 AM
  • Hi,

Thankz,

Chhaya 

Hi Chhaya,

To attach DPM agent basically

1. Install DPM agent on Server you want to protect.
    2. Run SetDPMServer.exe –dpmServerName<serverName> from protected server.
    3. Go to DPM server and attach agent using Attach-ProductionServer.ps1. This will allow you to specify the server you want to protect's name.

Check this link on how to manually attach DPM agent: http://www.buchatech.com/2009/07/manually-install-the-dpm-agent/ . This is for 2007 but should work on DPM 2010.

You should be able to add servers over a trust. If you are having issues seeing the servers from trust listed in DPM then you may need to look at your trust and make sure it is working properly.

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.dpm2010.com
    Monday, January 16, 2012 7:21 AM
  • Hello,

Are you still experiencing this problem? Does the attach work?
    If not then please test namer resolution via ping host name and then FQDN. Also see if you can net view the shares from the DPM server to the protected server as well.

Thanks
    Shane

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 1:40 PM