none
Resource pool / Calendar of one resource corrupt RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i am using a resource pool with MS Projet 2013 (french version) for all the project i work with. Everything works fine but when i save the project, the calendar of one of the resource is corrupted : the initial standard calendar is cleared... The resource pool is a read only .mpp file.

This cause problems with the schedule of task which use this resource...

Here is the ressource sheet of the projet at the beginning

After i save the project  (calendar of the projet after saving 

Moreover, the resource sheet of the resource pool have also been changed !!!!

Is this a bug in MS Project 2013 ? Is it because i use a french version of MS Project ?

Regards, Sébastien

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 2:26 PM

Answers

• Rolle,

Off hand, it sounds like you have a corrupt pool and/or sharer file which isn't all that uncommon with a linked structure in Project.

But first, do you have the latest Cumulative Update installed (August 2016)? If not, run Windows Update and see if that makes any difference. Regardless, you should always have the latest update.

Assuming your version of Project is fully updated, I suggest you try to clear possible corruption. You can start by assuming it is only present in the one sharer file but you may need to use this process for all sharer files and the pool file.

First, disconnect the suspect sharer file from the pool. Second, save both the sharer and pool file to capture the link structure edit. Third, save the sharer file as XML (note you will lose any custom formatting with this process). Fourth, re-open the saved XML file in Project. Finally, re-connect it to the resource pool. Does that fix the problem? If not, I would repeat the process for all sharer files and I would do it as a total group, not just one sharer file at a time.

Hope this helps.

John

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 6:52 PM
  • Rolle,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, I have no idea why Project still uses such a fragile linking structure. Apparently it's not a major issue with most users so it's not near the top of the the Project developer's "fix-it" list.

John

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 3:24 PM

All replies

• Rolle,

Off hand, it sounds like you have a corrupt pool and/or sharer file which isn't all that uncommon with a linked structure in Project.

But first, do you have the latest Cumulative Update installed (August 2016)? If not, run Windows Update and see if that makes any difference. Regardless, you should always have the latest update.

Assuming your version of Project is fully updated, I suggest you try to clear possible corruption. You can start by assuming it is only present in the one sharer file but you may need to use this process for all sharer files and the pool file.

First, disconnect the suspect sharer file from the pool. Second, save both the sharer and pool file to capture the link structure edit. Third, save the sharer file as XML (note you will lose any custom formatting with this process). Fourth, re-open the saved XML file in Project. Finally, re-connect it to the resource pool. Does that fix the problem? If not, I would repeat the process for all sharer files and I would do it as a total group, not just one sharer file at a time.

Hope this helps.

John

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 6:52 PM
  • Hey. Great. My problem is solved.Thank you very much

Do you know why MS has never fixed these problems of corruption ?

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 3:15 PM
  • Rolle,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, I have no idea why Project still uses such a fragile linking structure. Apparently it's not a major issue with most users so it's not near the top of the the Project developer's "fix-it" list.

John

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 3:24 PM