Move All Databases (SharePoint 2010) RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello Everyone,

I am trying to move databases from one SQL Server 2008 to another physical SQL Server 2008; I followed the guidelines below and came across some problems:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc512723

Followings are the steps I have followed:

1. On the server running Central Administration Web site, in the Services snap-in I have stopped all SharePoint related services.
    2. Created a new Alias Name in both the SharePoint client and Microsoft SQL server 2008 (Existing SQL Server Name=Test01 and New SQL Server Name=DB02 and we have added an Alias Name=SharePoint_Alias). I am thinking we have made some mistakes with the Alias configuration.
    3. In SQL Server Management Studio on the original database server, detached the databases and copied them into the new Database Server.
    4. Granted all the required permissions compared with the old database server.
    5. Attached all Databases to the new Alias of the SQL server.

On the configuration step, it is over soon and I get a message-box like this:

Configuration Failed

One or more configuration setting failed. Completed configuration setting will not be rolled back. Resolve the problem and run this configuration wizard again. The following contains detailed information about the failure

Thank you,

Ahmad Sameem

Sunday, July 7, 2013 5:39 AM

All replies