How come my Desktop Gadget Gallery will not open? RRS feed

• Question

• My windows seven desktop gadget gallery wont open. i've tried rebooting,

turning on User Account Control, and resetting the default gadgets and still

nothing happens.....

Is there anything i can also try? Does anyone know the true solution??

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 10:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

This forum is for System Center Remote Operations Manager(SCROM) related issues. For this question, I think the best resource is the Windows 7 Forums:

Windows 7 Forums
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro

Thanks.

Yog Li - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Yog Li Thursday, June 10, 2010 10:13 AM
    Thursday, June 3, 2010 10:27 AM
  • Although this might or night not apply to you or your situation ... I had the same problem running Windows 7 Home premium 64bit and after my Gadget gallery was working fine, suddenly it vanished and nothing would make it open!

I searched the web high and low, and like most questions there were litterally hundreds of answers and solutions, AND NONE SEEMED TO WORK (for me at least)!

In my case I got lucky, as the cause of my problem turned out to be a 32bit Gadget that I'd downloaded and was running, and as a result it changed my gallery to 32bit mode, which wouldn't disply in my 64bit Windows version!

My "luck" was downloading ANOTHER gadget off the Microsoft website gallery called: "64 to 32 Sidbare" !

As soon as I installed it, the gadget returned my autorun 32 bit sidebar back to 64 bit, and ((((POOF)))) my gadget gallery suddenly reappeared and EVERYTHING was back to normal!

A bit of an unorthodox approach I guess, but it woked for me, and if you are runing 64 bit windows, and all else fails, you might want to try this simple fix!

The Gadget "64 to 32 Sidbar" is located in the on-line windows gadget gallery under Miscellaneous (or at least that's how "I" stumbled across it)!

I hope this helps !!!!

Sunday, July 31, 2011 9:44 PM