Active Directory MP shows wrong date RRS feed

• Question

• I just upgraded my AD MP to the latest version 6.0.7670.0. After the upgrade I noticed that all the AD management packs (discovery as well as monitoring for 2000,2003 and 2008) were showing the correct  version. However I did notice the following discrepancy.

The date on all AD management packs except one ( theActive Directory Server 2008 (Monitoring)) is showing as 3/29/2010 10:42:xx AM

The date on the Active Directory Server 2008 (Monitoring) is showing as 11/7/2011 2:43:43 PM

Does that look or sound correct ? Shouldn't the date on all the MP's be the same ?

(I upgraded by downloading the MPs to disk and upgrading it from disk. The download from catalog was working before)-----------------------

Additionally after doing the MP Upgrade, I am not able to connect to the online catalog suddenly. Getting a message that says

"The Microsoft Management Pack Catalog Web Service cannot be contacted at this time. There is either a problem with your Internet connection or the Web service is offline"

I checked and tried all the things in the following thread but it does not get resolved.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-IN/operationsmanagergeneral/thread/b5510d32-5f80-4377-9e3d-26264ab1d539

I have even rebooted my webconsole to make sure any lingering stale network connections are getting flushed out.

Monday, November 7, 2011 9:11 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Delete the MP and import again?

Regarding "The Microsoft Management Pack Catalog Web Service cannot be contacted at this time. There is either a problem with your Internet connection or the Web service is offline", check this link: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-IN/operationsmanagergeneral/thread/b5510d32-5f80-4377-9e3d-26264ab1d539

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Anirudha_N Tuesday, November 22, 2011 6:33 PM
    Tuesday, November 8, 2011 8:35 AM
  • Got it. Not sure why that was so but i did delete the MP and reimport it again.

Thanks

A

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 6:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Delete the MP and import again?

Regarding "The Microsoft Management Pack Catalog Web Service cannot be contacted at this time. There is either a problem with your Internet connection or the Web service is offline", check this link: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-IN/operationsmanagergeneral/thread/b5510d32-5f80-4377-9e3d-26264ab1d539

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, November 8, 2011 8:35 AM
  • Got it. Not sure why that was so but i did delete the MP and reimport it again.

Thanks

A

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 6:33 PM