Red X Icon (errorIcon.png) on login page for FBA/CBA RRS feed

• Question

• On the default login page for my FBA web application I have a red image with an X in it being displayed, to me this means there is something wrong. After some digging I have figured out that the image is errorIcon.png and it is displayed when the Web Application is not using SSL, however my Web Application is definitely using SSL with a valid certificate (same one I use for all my other applications, *.domain.com cert). The icon also shows up on the access denied page, request access page, etc. 

Has anyone experienced this and know how to fix it. Removing the code that displays this image is not a fix for me. 

Thanks

Tuesday, December 7, 2010 6:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• If you mean the _login/default.aspx page, this is the default behavior if you have more than one authentication provider configured for one SharePoint web application zone. User should choose the authentication provider with this page. If you configure only one authentication provider for one SharePoint web application zone, this page won't appear.

If you mean the default FBA login page, have you tried create your custom login page : http://blogs.msdn.com/b/chunliu/archive/2010/08/21/creating-a-custom-login-page-for-fba-in-sharepoint-2010.aspx?

• Marked as answer by GuYuming Thursday, December 23, 2010 11:01 AM
    Monday, December 13, 2010 10:13 AM
  • Can I change that picture (errorIcon.png) in the Autenticate.aspx page? Additionally I want to write some descriptions there. Thx
    Thursday, December 23, 2010 1:21 PM