Web Console Task Timeout RRS feed

• Question

• Im using SCOM2007 R2 CU2 I have created a task to restart a Windows Service. When I run it from SCOM Console it work fine. But when I run it from the Web console, I receive : <DataItem>Error, execution timeout reached.</DataItem> in the task output. If I go to "Task Status" view, I can see that the task is still runing and a couple of second later I got a "Success" Status.
    Monday, January 23, 2012 2:39 PM

Answers

• Please check the Operations Manager log, the IIS log is not that important. In almost all of the cases, problems can be seen from the Operations Manager log that you can find in event viewer. You can check this log from the server that is offering web console and also RMS.

-Tero

MCT | MCSE | MCITP | MCTS SCOM, SCCM, SCVMM, SCDPM | Open CITS
    • Marked as answer by Yog Li Thursday, February 2, 2012 10:12 AM
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 9:41 PM

All replies

• How long did it take before it timed out? I would suspet that the webconsole timed out waiting for response, not the SCOM task as you can verify the task status successfully from the SCOM console.

Does the Operations Manager log on the web console server give you any messages?

-Tero

Monday, January 23, 2012 8:46 PM
  • The status in SCOM console is "running" then "success". 

Nothing special in IIS Logs

The "Timeout" in Webconsole appear after 25-30sec
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 1:54 PM
  • Please check the Operations Manager log, the IIS log is not that important. In almost all of the cases, problems can be seen from the Operations Manager log that you can find in event viewer. You can check this log from the server that is offering web console and also RMS.

-Tero

• Marked as answer by Yog Li Thursday, February 2, 2012 10:12 AM
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 9:41 PM
  • Hi Pascal,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as "Answered" as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios.

In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks,

Yog Li

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, February 2, 2012 10:12 AM
  • Hi,

Im still looking to solve this problem.  I still have the issue and I cant find any help in IIS Logs

I let you guys know if I found the solution.

It's look like a Javascript Timeout or something like this. 

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 2:16 PM
  • Hi,

I am also facing the same problem. It is showing me "<DataItem>Error, execution timeout reached.</DataItem>" as "Task Output" for List Services task. I think it is because of small timeout value. Form where we can change it? I am using SCOM 2007 R2 and accessing it from web-client.

-- Sagar Sharma

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 11:55 AM