none
Problem with accessing application from Portal from Mobile Devices RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We got a issue, we have enabled a couple of web application to bi visible form the moblie devices that are publsih on the portal page. But whenever we try to open them i get an error  "The page cannot be found. Check the name and try again" on some moblie devices.

As i can figure it out for some reason on some moblie devices the URL for the webapp that i want to open shows the Application URL (form the application configuration) and not the public url that UAG is supposed to make.

Here is one of the devices that has the issue, maby someone has a clue why this is happening.

Thanks in advance!!!

• Forefront UAG endpoint components
    • Endpoint Component Manager  Not Installed
    • Endpoint Detection Not Installed
    •  SSL Application Tunneling Not detected
    • Socket Forwarding LSP: Not detected NSP: Not detected
    • SSL Network Tunneling Client: Not detected Driver: Not detected
    • Endpoint Session Cleanup Not detected
    • Antivirus Not detected
    • Personal Firewall Not detected
    • Operating System Windows CE
    • Browser Version Internet Explorer 6
    • User Agent mozilla/4.0 (compatible; msie 6.0; windows ce; iemobile 7.6) hpipaq610/1.0 mozilla/4.0 (compatible; msie 6.0; windows ce; ppc; 240x320)
    • Sun JRE Version Not detected
    • Domain Not detected
    • IP Address xxxxxxxxxx
    • Certified Endpoint
    Friday, May 28, 2010 12:02 PM

Answers

• Zarko, you need to provide much more details about this. For example, are you able to view these applications perfectly in browsers that are not on mobile devices?

What applications are we talking about? Are they regular web apps, or do they have other components, like Java, Flash, ActiveX?

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Friday, May 28, 2010 6:46 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by ZarkoC Friday, May 28, 2010 8:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by ZarkoC Saturday, June 5, 2010 1:15 PM
    Friday, May 28, 2010 6:46 PM
  • An Update:

When I open UAG from a virutal Windows Mobile, and check the URL for the published applications they are shown as URL: portal.contoso.com/uniquesig123414145...,

but when a check the application URL on the problematic Windows Mobile Phones, URL is the internal application URL:  app1.contoso.local

Anyone knows why this is happening? Tnx

Thursday, June 3, 2010 6:19 AM

All replies

• Zarko, you need to provide much more details about this. For example, are you able to view these applications perfectly in browsers that are not on mobile devices?

What applications are we talking about? Are they regular web apps, or do they have other components, like Java, Flash, ActiveX?

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Friday, May 28, 2010 6:46 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by ZarkoC Friday, May 28, 2010 8:52 PM
    Friday, May 28, 2010 6:46 PM
  • Sorry Ben,

The application can be seen perfectly form the browsers, the applicaitons are regular web apps, some of them do have flash, and java, but not all of them. But none of them work from two devices that i tested. We got the testing on two HTC phones, and on a HP iPAQ. The apps dont work on the iPAQ, i thought it was cause its an older phone, but the same probem is occuring on a new HTC, on an older HTC everything is working fine.

I didnt have the time to test everything and see the configuration on all of the phones, and maby see if there is something different between them.

I was thinking that maby i configured something wrong, but it is working on one of the mobile devices, so it cant be a conifguration error? But again the links dont even start to open, and when i try to add those links to the apps to favorits and see the URL that the browser is trying to open, a get the internal URL of the app, that's what is realy weird. 

• Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, June 2, 2010 11:58 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by ZarkoC Thursday, June 3, 2010 6:05 AM
    Friday, May 28, 2010 9:07 PM
  • I managed to do some testing with a virutal windows mobile 6, all the apps are working, so i got to figure what is the problem with the mobile pphones that are getting the error.

I'll inform when i find the solution.

• Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, June 2, 2010 11:58 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by ZarkoC Thursday, June 3, 2010 6:05 AM
    Monday, May 31, 2010 6:51 AM
  • An Update:

When I open UAG from a virutal Windows Mobile, and check the URL for the published applications they are shown as URL: portal.contoso.com/uniquesig123414145...,

but when a check the application URL on the problematic Windows Mobile Phones, URL is the internal application URL:  app1.contoso.local

Anyone knows why this is happening? Tnx

Thursday, June 3, 2010 6:19 AM