none
Moving Search Functionality to a less powerful machine after indexing in a powerful machine RRS feed

• Question

• From experience, we found out that FAST ESP Linux version needs much more hard-disk space for tmp files than serving searches off the index.

So is there a way to Index using High end machine and then move it to a Less powerful machine as Most cloud machines are priced according to the power and hard disk space in that machine.

If I were to use cloud machines to Index Large corpus and move it less powerful machine (less RAM/CPU/Hard disk) Is there a Safe way to do this.

It's safe to assume that in that Low end machine we are not attempting to add any new documents to index.

One such attempt resulted in FAST ESP re-indexing after moving the files (which is what I wanted to avoid in the first place).

Please help.

Icheena

Sunday, February 5, 2012 2:32 AM

All replies

• Is this a manual process?

If you're never going to index you can just remove the indexer from this machine (or never start it)

I'm assuming you're talking about single node installs here?

Monday, February 6, 2012 8:20 AM
  • Yes. Moving from a high CPU/Memory/Harddisk to low CPU/Memory/Harddisk machine.

That doesn't answer the question of "how to move"

Yes, single node.

Monday, February 6, 2012 6:30 PM
  • Moving the server would be similar to a backup/restore scenario described in the FAST ESP Operations Guide.

Dan Gøran Lunde

Friday, February 24, 2012 12:53 PM