none
Enterprise Calendar issue in Project Server 2013 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi guys!

    I've just come across an issue with our enterprise calendars in our installation of Project Server 2013.

    The enterprise/standard calendar has been updated with the necessary bank holidays and closure days/non-working for our organization via the "Enterprise Data/Enterprise Calendars" section in PWA settings. This calendar is showing all the correct closure days, yet when a new project is created the standard calendar appears to be an older version with none of the closure days/non working days.

    Has anyone come across this? Or make any suggestions on how I might fix it? Or maybe make suggestions of where to look to locate the problem?!

    Your help is very much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

    Tuesday, November 22, 2016 2:34 PM

All replies

  • Have you un-checked "Allow projects to use base calendars" in Server Settings > Operational Policies > Additional Server settings?
    Tuesday, November 22, 2016 6:16 PM
  • Hi Joe,

    Yes that option is unchecked - it's the first thing I double checked.

    regards

    Louisa

    Tuesday, November 29, 2016 2:44 PM
  • Might be a silly question, but I will ask it anyway. When you created the new calendar, was it renamed? And did you use the Organizer to check Enterprise Global? The calendar, which is now customized with dates that are different from what came out-of-the-box so it's effectively a new object, should appear there.

    If that doesn't work, please post again and we can look at some other options.

    Best

    Mark Everett

    Tuesday, November 29, 2016 8:20 PM
  • Hi Mark,

    Thanks for the reply! I didn't create a new calendar, I just edit the existing "Standard" enterprise calendar (which had been edited previously with no issues). I've double checked the "Organiser" and there isn't any new object.

    Following some more testing today, I have a bit of an update...

    We have two environments for Project Server, a Live one and a test environment. The Enterprise Calendar is behaving correctly in the test environment, but not the live environment. However I decided to add a new test "closure day" to the enterprise calendar in the test environment... and everything worked as expected. So I decided to do the same in the Live environment. When I opened the Live environment enterprise calendar to edit (via the PWA Settings) the calendar was showing the new test "closure day" that I had added to the test environment enterprise calendar. So it looks to me like both environments are trying to use the same enterprise calendar..... I'm wondering if this is what's causing the problem.

    Thursday, December 15, 2016 2:46 PM