SharePoint 2013 - User Profile syncronization job run successfully but no update show. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

User Profile services (UPS) was setup and been running fine for a while now but lately AD user profile properties have not been synced with SharePoint anymore.   I checked and find that User Profile synchronization increment or full jobs run successfully.  I checked using Synchronization Service Manager tool and all synchronization connections show passed with no errors.

This farm have 3 Application servers APP1, APP2 and APP3 and I only run UPS synchronization job on only one of them  APP3.

I tried Get-SPserviceinstance  and found that  User Profile Synchronization Service  is running on both APP1 and APP3 now.  I think this may be the problem why SharePoint Users profiles did not get update is the job run on APP1.

I don't know how that happened but I checked services on servers and ensured that FIM Synchronization Service only running on APP3.

what should I do to make sure APP3 is the only and correct server to run UPS Synchronization job?

Thanks for any advise or comment.

Swanl

Monday, March 25, 2019 5:35 PM

All replies

• Hi swanl98,

what should I do to make sure APP3 is the only and correct server to run UPS Synchronization job?

About the question you raised, as long as you make sure that UPS is running properly on APP3, UPS running on other APPS won't interfere with it.

Can you search for user properties in UPSA? Or is it only in site that is not updated?

If the user properties are only not updated in site, you can run the following command:

stsadm -o sync -listolddatabases 0

stsadm -o sync -deleteolddatabases 0

The first command will list Content Databases that haven't had the UPA -> UIL sync occur in 0 or more days. The second command will delete the records corresponding to those databases (it doesn't delete databases/end user data.

If the problem persists, I recommend that you re-create the user profile Service.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 8:13 AM
  • Hi

Has the problem been solved?

If you think the replies are helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, April 1, 2019 2:07 AM