none
BHOLD Attestation service is not running RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have installed BHOLD attestation module, and able to access the attestation portal. I was able to create a test campaign as well for Active Directory (Application).

But the attestation service is not starting and every time it gives the timeout. is it supposed to be running? I am not seeing any attestation specific events in the windows even viewer. The registry settings BHOLD->Attestation is giving me "Attestation can not be opened. An error is preventing this key from being opened. Access denied." error. 

I'm guessing this service will transfer the campaign data to reporting modules? the documentation doesn't explain how the data is being fetched by the report module. I don't My test campaign in the built-in attestation reports.

Please advise. appreciate your help.

Monday, January 7, 2013 8:28 PM

All replies

• Hi

I had the same problem as you and got a timeout when i try to start the attestation service.

I managed to start the service by extending the timeout time.
    To do this i followed this link: http://www.itgeekdiary.com/increase-the-service-timeout-period/

If the link might go offline, these are the steps:
    - Edit or create a DWORD registery key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ with the name ServicesPipeTimeout
    - Set the value on the timeout you want in milliseconds (i did 300000 which is 5 minutes).
    - Restart the SERVER.

BTW i also cannot open the BHOLD -> Attestation registery settings.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 1:34 PM
  • Hi,

I was able to resolve this issue with the help of MS support. Basically two things required to fix my problem 

#1 Install the Root certificate http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/search.aspx?q=931125

#2 Attestation service does check the CRL, so if your server doesn't have internet connection, then you will need to disable the CRL check on your browser [with the BHOLD core service account context]

Regarding the Attestation Registery access denied error, i think some issue with the installation. Attestation was installed but the registry key had no permissions. so i forced the permission through "Replace all child object permissions", and then able to access the Attestation registry key.

Thursday, January 17, 2013 12:10 AM