none
Is it possible to import an .mpp into an exisiting project in Project Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

My organization recently started using Project Online and in that process, we have created lots and lots of projects based on data in our previous project and portfolio management system. Now, we would like to import existing .mpp schedules into the projects we have created in Project Online. We all have Project Pro 2013 installed. So far I have only figured out how to save and publish an .mpp schedule as a new project in Project Online, but I'd like to import it into an existing project in order to overwrite the standard template. Is this possible?

Monday, June 27, 2016 11:36 AM

Answers

• I found the answer myself, and it is pretty simple: It is possible to overwrite a schedule in an existing project in Project Online by opening a schedule in Project Pro, choosing save as, saving it into the PWA using the exact same name as the existing project in Project Online, and then accepting the popups. This will import your schedule into the project without overwriting any other data
    Thursday, June 30, 2016 12:05 PM

All replies

• I found the answer myself, and it is pretty simple: It is possible to overwrite a schedule in an existing project in Project Online by opening a schedule in Project Pro, choosing save as, saving it into the PWA using the exact same name as the existing project in Project Online, and then accepting the popups. This will import your schedule into the project without overwriting any other data
    Thursday, June 30, 2016 12:05 PM
  • You can also use the Import to Enterprise Wizard.

To add it into Project Pro, go to Options and add it to your toolbar or ribbon.

It takes you through a 5 step process where you map the resources you used offline to the enterprise resources, then you check the tasks and any custom fields, and then it saves it into Project Online for you.

Good luck

Ryan Darby

Sensei Project Solutions

Thursday, July 14, 2016 1:10 AM
  • Hi Henrik -   I have not gotten as far as being able to save an publish an .mpp file as a new project in Project Online.  I may not have all the authorities i need and may not be able to see the button or option to do this.   Can you tell me the process you used?

Sunday, August 7, 2016 10:23 PM