VPN access RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I frequently log into work from my home computer via a sonic wall vpn client.  I realize that once I do this (i.e. I'm connected to the VPN) my employer can (and in fact does) monitor what I do and what web sites I visit since all my traffic flows thru the VPN at that point.  That's fine... what I am concerned about is my HOME PC.  That is... can people in the IT department visit my home PC and look around?  I have all sorts of personal information that I have no desire in sharing and to be honest, some of the IT folks are not so busy and like to hack around if you know what I mean.  Since they have admin access on the network and my PC is on the network... what can they do?  My home PC is NOT logged into the domain at work but I can browse the network.

I'm running vista home premium.

Saturday, January 9, 2010 6:26 PM

All replies

• im not syaing this will work 100% but items you share on your pc will be the most easily accessably to them from accross the network. change sharing permissions if the items you do not want shared are being shared. click the start button and type "\\127.0.0.1" and hit enter, this will show all folders you are currently sharing. also while you are not at your computer and do not need access tot hat network then disconnect to it and reconnect when you need it. chances are the it department (if they are screwing around) will only check for easy ins and then go to the next one......if they really want to get into your stuff they will. but if they see nothing interesting they will move on.

Friday, January 15, 2010 9:54 PM