none
emials delayed to gmail.com

Question

• emails sent from our organization to gmail.com got delayed. See the message below from gateway server log. How can we fix it? all emails eventually went through after a few retries. But users got delayed delivery alerts. We use Symantec/Messagelabs as our secure email service provider so all outbound emails go out from their systems.  Our domains are not set to use SPF/DMARC.

Response: 421-4.7.0 This message does not have authentication information or fails to pass 421-4.7.0 authentication checks. To best protect our users from spam, the 421-4.7.0 message has been blocked. Please visit 421-4.7.0 https://support.google.com/mail/an

Thanks,

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 11:04 PM

All replies

• I recommend you create a Sender Policy Framework (SPF) record for your domain, it will let gmail.com know that is an authorized mail server.
    Wednesday, October 25, 2017 11:21 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for contacting our forum.

Yes we need to set up either SPF or DKIM, so GMAIL can detect spoofed mail. I would recommend SPF, its easiest.

Just add the following to your DNS:

@ IN TXT "v=spf1 ip4:<YOUR EXTERNAL MAILSERVER IP> -all"

(repeat the ip4 command if you have multiple servers, ip6 is for IPv6)

Or:

@ IN TXT "v=spf1 mx -all"

If it still delay, please check the SMTP send logs and to see if any detailed error message.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 27, 2017 9:14 AM
  • Hi,

I am currently standing by for further update from you and would like to know how things are going. Please check if the reply helps you, if it helps please help to mark as answer.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 1, 2017 9:48 AM