Since moving to 1809 W10 build our APPV package Automation Anywhere has stopped working RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there has anyone found issues with packaging some applications on 1708 with AA we get "unable to invoke the AAE client as the AAClientService is stopped, tried repackaging contacting the vendor asking on the forums as this issue can happen as a regular MSI install, albeit works fine as a manel installation, I'm not a packager but I know our appv team have tried to get it to work. ?

just checked in event viewer and getting this:

Service cannot be started. System.ServiceModel.AddressAlreadyInUseException: Cannot listen on pipe name 'net.pipe://localhost/aaeclient_v11/tokenservhost' because another pipe endpoint is already listening on that name. ---> System.IO.PipeException: Cannot listen on pipe name 'net.pipe://localhost/aaeclient_v11/tokenservhost' because another pipe endpoint is already listening on that name.
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.PipeConnectionListener.Listen()
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.BufferedConnectionListener.Listen()
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ExclusiveNamedPipeTransportManager.OnOpen()
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportManager.Open(TransportChannelListener channelListener)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportManagerContainer.Open(SelectTransportManagersCallback selectTransportManagerCallback)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportChannelListener.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionOrientedTransportChannelL...

• Edited by hirogen1 Tuesday, April 7, 2020 4:10 PM
    Tuesday, April 7, 2020 2:26 PM

Answers

• the vendor states APPV isn't supported yet but will be in the future, turns out that we picked this up in our discovery in error and that VMWARE persisting's were suppose to be used, so apologies was never meant to be packaged in APPV I've been told. 

Answered 

• Marked as answer by hirogen1 Friday, April 17, 2020 12:43 PM
    Friday, April 17, 2020 12:43 PM

All replies

• does the app work If you're on a 1809 client, with sequencer installed and expand the app-v package locally?
    from the error message it seems the port is already in use by an other service. Is it possible to change the port?

Roy Essers

Tuesday, April 7, 2020 5:44 PM
  • Sorry Roy I edited the title to state we're on 1809 now that's where the problems have started for us. AA was fine prior to moving to 1809.

Tuesday, April 14, 2020 1:36 PM
  • the vendor states APPV isn't supported yet but will be in the future, turns out that we picked this up in our discovery in error and that VMWARE persisting's were suppose to be used, so apologies was never meant to be packaged in APPV I've been told. 

Answered 

• Marked as answer by hirogen1 Friday, April 17, 2020 12:43 PM
    Friday, April 17, 2020 12:43 PM