Windows 7 problem with projector setting RRS feed

• Question

• I have the Windows 7 OS installed on my Toshiba laptop.  When I choose the "Projector Only" feature, all seems well, my external monitor becomes the monitor for watching a move. but within a minute or two the OS auto resets the settings back to "Computer Only".  The power settings seem to be setup for longterm durations of two hours plus for not hibernating/sleeping the laptop, so I can't figure out how to lock the project settings in to place long term 

projector-display

Thanks in advance!

Friday, December 17, 2010 7:47 PM

Answers

• Austin,

It's Windows 7's new devices stage function which continuously checking any connected devices and keep communicating with them (including display devices, USB devices and audio devices...etc.)  It looks like the connected projector did not feed display DDC/EDID to your Windows 7 system.  Some new advanced projectors are starting including the feeding DDC/EDID function.  

To solve your case, just put an EDID emulator in between the projector and the Windows 7 system. Please google "Full-Time DDC/EDID Emulator", you should find a lots vendors carry the emulator. 

There are VGA and DVI versions of the emulator.   Just pick the one fit your projector's connector and your system's display port connector.

Rex

• Proposed as answer by KVM PRO Wednesday, December 22, 2010 4:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Friday, December 24, 2010 1:15 AM
    Monday, December 20, 2010 7:22 AM